- University of Washington, Ph.D. (1989) Applied Mathematics
- University of Washington, M.S. (1983) Applied Mathematics
- University of Washington, B.S. (1981) Physics
- University of Washington, B.S. (1981) Mathematics
- 2004-present, Senior Research Scientist, NorthWest Research Associates.
- 1994-2004, Research Scientist, NorthWest Research Associates.
- 1992-1993, Visiting Oceanographer, Institut de Mecanique de Grenoble, Grenoble France.
- 1989-1992, Postdoctoral Fellow, Advanced Study Program, National
Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder Colorado.
- 1985-1989, Research Assistant, Applied Mathematics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.
- Co-organizer of session on Submesoscale Processes, Ocean Sciences Honolulu HI, February 2014.
- Visiting professor, LODYC Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris France, October 2012.
- Affiliate faculty member, School of Marine Sciences, University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth, 2012-present.
- Member of science team for LatMix cruise, 1-21 June 2011, Cape Hatteras R/V.
- Affiliate faculty member, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington, 2004-2010.
- Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Washington, 2004-2008.
- Member of organizing committee for American
Physical Society-Division of Fluid Dynamics meeting held in Seattle,
- Co-host (with T.J. Dunkerton) of Spontaneous Imbalance Workshop #1, August 7-10, 2006; University of Washington, Seattle.
Recent Seminars, Presentations:
- Invited talk, Workshop on Sub-Mesoscale Ocean Processes, Fields Institute, Toronto Canada, 11-14 June 2013.
- Seminar at WHOI Falmouth MA, 1 May 2013.
- Invited talk, Rotating Stratified Turbulence and Turbulence in the Atmosphere and Oceans, Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge UK, 8-12 December 2008.
- Invited talk, Geophysical Turbulence Program Workshop on Coherent Structures in Atmosphere and Ocean, NCAR, Boulder CO, July 2005.
- Seminar at NorthWest Research Associates, January 2005.
- Seminar at LODYC, Paris France, December 2004.
- Seminar at IMG, Grenoble France, December 2004.
- Poster presentation at IAPSO/SCOR Conference on Ocean Mixing,
Victoria BC, Canada, October 2004.
- Presentation at 2004 Ocean Sciences meeting, Portland, OR,
- Invited talk at IUGG, Sapporo, Japan, July 2003.
- Presentation at 14th Conference on Atmospheric and Oceanic Fluid Dynamics, San Antonio TX, June 2003.
- Member of American Geophysical Union.
- Member of American Meteorological Society.
- Reviewer for Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Journal of Physical
Oceanograpy, Geophysical Review Letters, Journal of Geophysical Research,
Dynamics of Atmospheres and Oceans, Physics of Fluids.
- Math tutor, Seattle Public Schools, 2002-present.